Friday, November 19, 2010

My Last Encounter


On Monday, September 4, 2006, I took a trip out to the Great Barrier Reef to film an under water documentary for my daughter, Bindi's, Television show. What I didn't know was that this would be the last time I would ever get to film a documentary. When we got to the reef, I got in the water to start filming. It wasn't too long after I got in that a beautiful sing ray swam near me. While shooting the sting ray segment, I started to swim over it for better footage. All of the sudden the stingray got spooked and struck its barb right into the left side of my chest. I was so shocked that this was actually happening. I watched my life flashing before my eyes. I quickly pulled the barb out of my chest. Right after I pulled it out, I went unconscious for the last time in my life. I have handled so many dangerous animals in my life, and I made my last mistake that ended my life. Everyone thought I was indestructible, but if any animal could ever killed me it would have been a crocodile. They were wrong. Looking back on my life I realize that I have accomplished a lot and Im very proud of it. I will very dearly miss my fans and most of all my family.


No comments:

Post a Comment