Monday, November 22, 2010

My First Beautiful Daughter Bindi

One night I was sitting out by a fire when I suddenly wondered who would take care of this zoo when Terri and I were gone. This question started to make me panic. I quickly went inside to talk with Terri about it. We both agreed on the best decision. We were going to have a baby. Right when we made this decision, we made the rule that we were not going to force our child into wildlife conservation. Our child was going to be able to do what ever he or she felt she wanted to do. When I found out that Terri was finally pregnant I was so excited I called everyone I knew. Terri’s pregnancy would be difficult because she is stubborn and didn’t want to stop helping me capture and save animals. After a couple adventures Terri figured out she was to week to help, and that she would just have to observe. Two weeks before her due date Terri went home, while I traveled two and a half hours away to do more filming. The next day I got a call from Terri that she was in the hospital and the baby would be arriving soon. I started to panic and got there just in time. Terri was embarrassed because I brought the whole camera crew in with me. After Bindi was born we got some much needed sleep, but six days after Bindi was born she would be going on her first adventure. We quickly figured out Bindi would not be living a normal life. Amazingly Bindi loved any animal she was introduced to. She had a deep love for snakes. It seemed as though Bindi had a sixth sense for nature just like her father. Throughout her childhood Bindi was strongly encouraged to love and save wildlife.


No comments:

Post a Comment